Sunday 19 February 2012

Love Poetry


I’m just flying on a broken wing
Because I’ll admit pain is nothing
Compared to seeing you not with me
In a vast white-cloud eternity

“Strong little bird you can be that tough”
You tell yourself but it's not enough
It’s a funny thing often hearing,  
“How the hell’d you get here on one wing?”

To edge of skies on a mere prayer
Was just an empty heart light as air
Propelling me up, up and away
To find you again another day

If it were just me and my dead wait
Then maybe a stiff breeze might abate 
Or finish off this near-crushed spirit 
That’s telling you know so you’ll hear it: 

“I never really enjoyed flying.
Never was my thing I’s just denying.
What I really liked was you beside
Me in the night and resting inside.” 

How did I ever fall from our nest?  
That drop put more notches in my crest 
Add in an ear-ring infinity
To my near-blinding insanity (for you)

Can’t sing my song now no muse around
You were right, I was left... without sound
Did it matter? What would it have meant
To watch you fly ‘way...  evanescent

Nothing left of me very pretty
These days just prey for someone’s kitty
An afternoon snack but not much more 
Than what maybe could’ve been before


And good wing soon probably will not bend
That day’s surely this bird’s bitter end
But long as I have just one working 
I’ll be flying from this reckoning 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll

free counters